Alpha 2 of Trellis Desk 2.0 is now available.
Please be aware that this is an unsupported early alpha release. The software is expected to have bugs and is not ready for live / production use. Please continue to use the stable v1.0.4 release in your production environments.
- There is currently no upgrade path from Trellis Desk 1.0 or Trellis Desk 2.0 Alpha 1. An upgrade path will be available in future releases. Do not try accessing the Upgrade Center. It will not work.
- Many areas are to-be-completed (such as ACP Look & Feel, Maintenance, Backup, Logs, Plugins, Modules, etc).
- Email piping / POP3, and attachments are not yet available.
- Error reports / usage statistics may be submitted to ACCORD5.
- No official customer support is offered for this release.
Some notable changes from Alpha 1 include:
- User registration is available from the user-side.
- Sub groups are supported.
- Email notifications are available.
- Permissions and settings are pre-populated.
- Anti-spam support (Akismet, PhpCaptcha, reCAPTCHA).
- Knowledge base category permissions.
- Email templates management.
- "Hide" staff names from user.
- "Permanently" close a ticket (does not allow user to reopen).
- Increased user / staff management security.
- Restructured data files.
This release is intended for testing and as a preview of Trellis Desk 2.0. If you have any suggestions, please submit them via the Trac.